Best place to go tent camping right now?




Ms. W


I live in northern illinois and i'm just tired of the cold weather. I don't have a lot of money but I just need to go somewhere warm. Camping is cheaper than staying at a hotel and I do love nature and away from everyday noise. can someone please give me some input. thanks!


Answer
Go tent camping on the beach, if you can make the drive. I took a roadtrip from Iowa to North Carolina with some friends in March years ago and we camped on the beach. It was a campsite on the North Carolina/South Carolina border. I don't remember the name offhand.

I've also camped on Assateague Island in Maryland/Virginia. Another beautiful place. Camping on the beach is great.

If you can't go far, look into somewhere further south. Arkansas has some beautiful outdoor spots. But, really, anywhere south will be fine. It all depends on how far you can go and how much you can spend.

Play around on GORP's website a little and see if you can find a place to escape to: http://gorp.away.com/gorp/location/main.htm

Camping in virginia.?




Daniel S


Whats the best place to go camping in virginia?

I have a 10 person tent and would like to take a group of friends camping. I would like the adventure to include mountian climbing and canoeing if possible.

What are my options?



Answer
I would Recommend Shenandoah National Park it has several different camping areas beautiful scenery and even back country camping . It should have what your looking for . Here is a link to the home page . there are more links on the page as far as hiking camping etc check it out.

http://www.nps.gov/shen/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment