Where are good places to camp near new york city?




icilyswooo


With just a tent, like real camping.


Answer
Bear Mountain State Park in Rockland County, upstate New York. It's about a 45 minute drive north of the George Washington Bridge. The park is known for its camp sites.

Where can I go camping in New York or other nearby states?




sik892


I want to go camping this weekend but I don't know where to go. This is what I am looking for. Somewhere in upstate New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey or anywhere else not to far from NYC. I want to go tent camping and I am looking for something secluded, meaning I don't want to be at a campground with other people and RVs, I want just a random place in the woods where it will be just me and my friends. And it would be nice if they have a river or lake nearby.


Answer
In PA you can camp in the state forest land with no one camping near you. You will need a permit (free) and they will either mail it or fax it to you. Check out the website www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/camping

This site has maps and shows you trails and things to do while camping. It will also tell you how to obtain a camping permit.

Have fun!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment