TENT camping in southern california with kids




D N


We would like to take our very first camping trip with our 4, 5, and 10 year old. Any advice on where to go? Could you please state if you have actually been there, or if you heard about it from someone else? Thanks, hopefully this will be the first of many camping trips! Oh yeah, not on the beach, we live in san diego so the beach wouldn't be very new and different for us.


Answer
Mt Laguna

Laguna Campground is nice, and is a family oriented campground. I have camped there while section Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail....

Bluejay Cpgd in the Santa Ana Mtns is nice too.

I stayed there last March overnight before descending Hot Springs Canyon

Mt San Jacinto State Park in idllwild would be good too...

When my son was younger he didn't like the very remote camp site I like

what are good sites in central Illinois for tent camping with kids, 5 and 8?




dansmith12


I want to take my niece and nephew, along with my sister and brother in law, tent camping. the kids have done backyard camp outs in a little tent last summer, my sister is not real big on camping and the kids are little. so I need a place with real toilets and showers a playground and possibly a pool or lake for swimming. The problem is so many of the more commercial campgrounds that offer these amenities are geared more towards rv's and aren't particularly tent friendly.I live in Peoria and My sister lives in Bloomington. so that is the region we are looking at


Answer
Hi!
Shawnee national forest

http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/illinois/illinois-camping

In Missouri, if you're ever down here, Lake Wappapello has FREE tent camping :) no showers & such (there ARE showers & running water for paid tent campers however)

try some of your local parks, too, because a lot of them you can camp in!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment