Where can I camp near Duluth MN that is free?

best tent camping minnesota on Copyright Best Tent Camping: Minnesota: Your Car-Camping Guide to ...
best tent camping minnesota image



Awesome


I want to go camping up near Duluth Minnesota. I want a place where I can just pull in, set up a tent, have it be free, and have it be private. It would also be nice if it were on the shores of lake Superior. Any recommendations of places or good sites?


Answer
Nowhere that is run by the gov't! They are shut down including all state parks and recreation sites. However, here is the local land map around Duluth, there are public areas marked. Come to Wisconsin! We are always open.

Good Places to Fish for Pike in Minnesota?




Thomas Gra


I am looking into planning a fishing trip to Minnesota, if you have ever taken such a trip (or if you live there) can you please tell me some lakes, towns, hotels, etc that would be good to go to so that I can fish Northern Pike.


Answer
As others have said Pike are easily caught all over the State.

However, trophy-sized Pike (Pike over the 38" mark) are only caught regularly on the border of Canada.

I don't think anyone can deny that the "border lakes" of Canada offer the best of ANY type of fishing in MN.

These lakes include: Lake of the Woods, Rainy Lake, Gunflint Lake, Loon Lake, Etc.

I try to make a trip to the Gunflint Lake area every year to catch Bass, Walleye, Pike & Lake Trout. If you want a pristine environment and limits of fish in the 50's-100's PER day, try any of the Border Lakes.

Here's where I go: Go to http://www.gunflintpines.com/camp_cabins.shtml

We get a Camping Cabin.

Camping cabins work well for me and my family because they are inexpensive; eliminate the hassle of tent and camp set-up; are more secure and comfortable than ANY traditional tent camping; have electric facility's for heaters/electric coolers/hot-plates/ Etc and generally sleep better after a hard day of fishing.

Due to the many lakes in the area (some lakes see a HANDFUL of fishermen all year), your odds on catching a number of trophy Pike is pretty secure.

Go check it out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment