Where are good group campsites in MN?

best tent camping mn on ... Press :: Camping :: The Best in Tent Camping: Wisconsin, 2ed
best tent camping mn image



Mii


My friends and I are going camping at the end of june and we're all in serious need of a place to camp. There will be around 15-20 of us and we have about 3 tents and one trailer. We're located in Minnesota and we're looking for a place around 1-3 hr's from the twin cities. I've searched all over the dnr site but they didn't give me much because most campsites are tents only. If you guys have any ideas, please PLEASE let me know!


Answer
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/group_camp.html

There are a few places north of Grand Rapids off hwy 38 that are really good. Nice hiking trails, great fishing and canoeing, fewer people and beautiful views.

This is my absolute favorite site, I recommend sites 001, 002, 003, 004. They are plenty close to each other to camp as a group but you get the beach and some of the best views. The lake is connected to a few others that are great paddles in the canoe so I highly recommend canoes.

where to vacation for cheap?




blahblah


My mom and I(16) are going on a short vacation (3 or 4 days) and it should be pretty cheap and in the united states (or i guess like canada if its cheap). We are from MN. I want to go somewhere warm, but it's usually pretty expensive. We are planning to go some time in April. Chicago is cheap, but I don't think there is very much to do there. Any ideas of where to go?


Answer
Definitely check out retro bus. You could fly into Atlanta, have them pick you, up and the head up to the gold rush area and camp and pan for gold and gems right at gold n gem grubbin. Retro Bus stocks their campmobiles with what you need and it is way better than tent camping. Plus that takes care of transportation and lodging in one and you would save a ton on food because you would be making it in your mini bus. They also have a decent destinations page. Hope this helped.
http://retrobusrental.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment