What's the price to rent a fire pit/camp site in the Clear Bay area of Lake Thunderbird?

best tent camping oklahoma on Five Best Camp Shovels  Great Tools for Your Camping Needs
best tent camping oklahoma image



rebecca


I've recently become interested in camping, and being a city girl in the summer, I want something at the lake. I swim there often and see people camp all the time, but since its a weekend they aren't open to call and get info. I wanted to spend the day tomorrow swimming and end with a campfire and s'mores. We don't even need to post up a tent. I'm just trying to figure out how else to rent on, and prices, and just general info and suggestions since I've never done this before.


Answer
Here is a campground in the area:


Lake Thunderbird SP - Clear Bay
Little River State Park Rd
Norman, Oklahoma 73026

The prices I'm finding online range from $8 to $16 a day.

That said if you are a woman alone don't do overnight camping especially in a tent. I used to travel/camp alone in a small mini van motor home. I don't even do that any more. Times have changed. It isn't safe. I stay in motels now and I pick them carefully OR I travel on a group trip/cruise. If you are with a camping CLUB that's different. You want to be in a group if you are camping as a single. Also, please be careful about how much personal info you put online.

What are some affordable weekend trips for college students?




c


I am a college student lookin for somewhere for me and my girlfriend to go one weekend to get away from school for maybe a long weekend. We are going to school and live in oklahoma and we where thinking about going out of the state because we have been to most of oklahoma which isnt much....Any experiences uve had will help!! THANX u can also get me on yahooo messenger under wyble25


Answer
Take a road trip down south and spend a week in Big Bend National Park in Texas.. there's amazing camping opportunities, awesome trails to hike and beautiful sunsets!

Most colleges have an outdoor or recreation center you can rent tents, backpacks, sleeping bags and sleeping pads if you don't have any of the gear... There is a $10 backcountry fee for the park..

I did this trip when in college at Nebraska and it was AWESOME!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment