I am new to tent camping and need help. How do you use an electrical hookup in a campground?

tents for camping 2 person on ... CAMPING TENT KODIAK GOLDEN BEAR 3 ROOM 7 - 8 PERSON SEVEN - EIGHT TENT
tents for camping 2 person image



romancegir


I am going to camp in a Yogi Bear campground in a site that says "Water and Electrical Hookup". Does that mean I can use an extension cord with a strip on the end of it that has plugs in it?
I can find lots of info on tent camping on the internet, but nothing that explains electrical hookup. I'm a single mom. I hope I can find a veteran camper who can help me with my camping questions.



Answer
Typically, "Water and Electrical Hookups" are referring to convenient places an RV or trailer can plug in to for power and running water. Chances are, you should be able to plug an extension cord with a power strip for running some electrical items.

I say plan your trip as if the electrical won't be available, but bring a few things that will be helpful in case it is.

A few helpful camping tips:
If there's a firepit, bring a couple Duraflame logs. They last a couple hours, don't take any special gymnastics to ignite, and you can always throw regular wood on after the duraflame is burning. Remember to smother your campfire before you go to bed (Shovel dirt on it, etc).

Bring a stiff rake. Rake out the spot where you're putting your tent(s). This way, you don't end up rolling over onto a rock or acorn.

Please, please, PLEASE, clean up when you're gone. Have your kids walk all over your campsite and pick up every little bit of trash possible. (Also, bring trashbags! Not all campsites have convenient trash receptacles).

Check the temperature ranges in advance, and pack accordingly. It's a very long night when it's freezing cold and you didn't bring the winter sleeping bags. Remember that tents catch fire VERY easily, so don't put the tent next to the campfire, and don't bring electrical or gas heaters into the tent.

Bring fresh drinking water. (Those 2.5 gallon jugs with the convenient spigot are good...)

Bring a medical kit w/ all the usual refinements. Kids will always find a way to get boo-boo's.

I can almost guarantee that you will certainly overpack for your first trip. You'll find that over time you'll be able to whittle it down to the stuff you *really* need, as opposed to the stuff you think you'll need.

If you're with someone who is not a morning person, they will be much worse in the morning. Trust me.

Good luck!

What brand of camping gear has an "!" as their logo?




Emma


I was camping this weekend at a music festival and saw a bright yellow tent with an exclamation point on it. I thought it was great and wanted to look it up when I got home. I did some web searching, but have been unable to determine what brand this is. Anyone know?

For a bit more information, the tent was a 2-person backpacking style tent and the exclamation mark was on the lower side of the rainfly.



Answer
Eureka




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment