How to make a camping trip fun for 18-25 year olds?

best tent camping lake shasta on Northern California Outdoor News Yurts available in OR parks
best tent camping lake shasta image



cloe*


Me and a few of my friends are goin camping in 2 weeks on a sandbar..we've got the typical beer, fire, tent, and hot dogs but what are some ways we can make it fun and interesting? I've never been camping before! Any ideas help :)


Answer
Obviously, 2 weeks on a sand bar? that trip is dead in the sand before it even gets started I don't buy that story at all. 18-25 year olds need action and excitement head to a destination that has more things to do. Hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, hunting, climbing, canoeing, sailing, boating, rafting, caving, offroading but anything other than a sand bar. Head to one of the many mountain lakes this country has near a community with action and supplies Lake Tahoe, Lake Powell, Lake Isabella, Shasta Lake all have this kind of fun and and more.

where is a great place to go (tent) camping in california?




* * *


I am torn between Mt. shasta and Yosemite. I have been to Shasta and love it I know theres a lot of spots for privacy little swimming holes everywhere great small town to go to if camping becomes boring and so on. I have never been to yosemite and I wonder if its the same? I want hiking and swimming in clear calm water and the beautiful environment but not heavily crowded either. Any one who has been to both want to give me some input?


Answer
Forget going to Yosemite this year, it gets booked up for summer reservations 6 months in advance. I Love lake Shasta and nearby Whiskytown and Donner lake. Better yet is Lake Tahoe. but all have crowd issues. Expand your options with the little known places there are so many lakes streams rivers to choose from. Think "hot springs" for a different experience the Sierra is full of them many with nearby lakes and or streams with great fishing, swimming and hiking nearby.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment