what GOOD foods can I make before camping?

best tent camping food on Camping Gear Rental Vancouver | Top 10 Best Camping Tents Reviews And ...
best tent camping food image



happymom84


I can't do the hot dogs and hamburgers anymore. We are going on a 4 day tent camping trip next week. I am looking for food to prepare before we go. Like pasta salads to just eat . I also want to make the food ahead of time that I can cook while there. ideas? Just no hot dogs or hamburgers please. Thank you.


Answer
for camping trips I used to collect stuff to take that would be easy to prepare.

I made bisquick type blend for biscuits, pancakes, etc that just need water added.
Steaks and bacon or sausage for meats
fresh fruits and veggies travel best.
I even took one Cheesecake birthday cake one year!!

My kids were in elementary school the last long campout we had. So there were lots of hotdogs which I don't particularly like. No ground beef stuff as it is more mess than I wanted to do.

Prepare your pasta and put in ziplock bags in the chill box along with dressings for your salad. Don't put the dressing on the pasta until ready to eat. The pasta has a nasty habit of absorbing it.
Chop fruits and veggies and ziplock them
Soup can be prepared and ziplocked so it only has to be heated.
hardboil a dozen or so eggs and peel, zip lock them

fresh eggs can be cracked into ziplock bags also, then just pour each out separately into skillet for breakfast.

How do I deal with my bad gas on tomorrow's camping trip?




Nickname


Usually when I eat new food (AKA camp food) and have a stressful day, I get bad gas. So, when I sleep, I force myself to stay awake so I don't accidentally let slip a fart. I found out that on tomorrow's camping trip, I'm going to be sharing a tent with my crush. What can I do to make sure I don't fart in my sleep?


Answer
Go to the store and buy Gas X and take it before bed. It bursts all the bubbles that form in your colon and cause gas and you end up without bubbles, no bubbles, no gas. Leave the soda pop alone as well because it is full of bubbles, they will cause gas. Drink juice or water instead. It won't hurt to take Gas X early in the day if you feel gassy and then again at bedtime to keep the gas bubbles away. This is all I use for gas and it works great for me. They have it in chewable pills (cherry flavor) or peppermint and also have it in liquid. Pills work best when you travel (I like cherry)and they are in foil so easy to slip in the pocket or purse. Give them a try.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment