My son's father passed away in a car crash 2005 he has decided to join the military.?

best tent camping poconos on ... tours, and Outdoor Gear in Delaware Water Gap, Pocono Mountains, PA
best tent camping poconos image



Leigh Ann


My son is 25 years old and has made the decision to join the Navy he will be leaving for boot camp Nov. 6th. After boot camp he will be going to school for submarines. I'm am having a going away party, bbq on my spacious back deck we're also using a 20 by 20 tent behind the deck and utilizing our brand new 12 by 24 garage in case of bad weather. I am planing this picinic for Sept. 29. We live in the Poconos of Pa and it may be chilly. I would like to do a red, white and blue theme and incorporate a Christmas theme since he will miss this very special occasion. I'm at a loss and need help with setting up a menu and music since the ages vary from 20 thru 50. This is a very special day and I would like everything to be simple. We are looking at possibly having 50 to 80 guests. I would like to do the food myself. I have enough fridge space and time. I just need ideas for what kind of menu. I have a very big grill. My second son who is seventeen will be leaving for the Navy July 15, 2008.


Answer
Wow, you must be a proud mother! You have such courageous sons! I think it's wonderful that your throwing him a going away party. I love the red, white and blue theme. Your son's joined a good branch of service. I think it's also very sweet of you to celebrate Christmas early for him. You should have your Christmas tree set up and decorations as well. Have Christmas songs playing in your house to give it that warm feeling. Also, exchange gifts with him as it was Christmas Eve. That way, when that day comes....he won't feel sad and alone....because he's already celebrated it with you! He will love that and I am sure it will mean soooo much to him. If you want to follow through with the celebrating holidays early for him....maybe you should do a Thanksgiving dinner....or prepare his favorite dish for him (only you know what that is).

If you don't do the Thanksgiving Dinner:

You should have deviled eggs...everyone loves those and they are really easy to make. Chips and Dip are a must. Finger foods are the best for people of all ages. Patato salad. Oooh, a chocolate and cheese fondue would be great! Make sure not to forget the cake....you should get a cake with a picture of your son. If you can, gather home videos (non-embarassing) of your son and share them with your friends and family. Have a speech ready for him and tell him why you're proud that he is your son.

FYI- keep in touch with his recruiter because they have all the information you need.....(address to write him, graduation information...etc.) They will guide you and let you know everything you need to know about him. Trust me....boot camp is a peice of cake....I think it's 3 months and time flies fast. Also, in those 3 months while he is gone, look into tickets to fly where he is inbootcamp (if it's not in the same city or state) so you can see him graduate. It's soooo important for you to be there....trust me! It's the best feeling in the world! :) Good luck and God Bless you and your sons!

Does anyone know a good campground near the delaware water gap?




Short MoFo


i'm looking for a campground near the water gap in either NJ or PA. I used to go to mount poconoe but i dont really like it there, i want to find a nicer place... any suggestions?


Answer
Yes, I just came back 2 days ago. Its called Timothy Lake Resort. You can camp in a tent, rent a cabin, or bring an RV. It is in the poconos. It wsa beautiful. They have so many things to do! Hope it helps <33




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment