What do you take camping with 2 adults and 2 children, when you are going to the Delaware Water Gap?




Liss





Answer
I go tent camping every year with my wife and 2 kids every summer. In Schuylkill county, in the foothills of the Poconos.

There are websites with use full lists.

But it depends a lot on where you going, and what kind of camping you doing.

I don't take any food except things around the house that need to be eaten. I live in Philly, and everything is much cheaper in the Poconos. So I take a bunch of coolers that fit inside of each other to save space, and have frozen gallons of water to start.
And I buy everything I need there.

I prefer old clothes. Take cooking utensils, a tarp and rope for rain, flashlights for everyone, lantern, cards, radio, ax and good knife.

Buy a local newspaper and hit a local block party.

where would be the best place to tent camp at the New Jersey side of the Delaware Water Gap?




thedivamj





Answer
You can try the state parks or forests in the area.

High point isn't far and has tent camping.
Stokes State Forest is beautiful and has camping.

Worthington State Forest is on the NJ side and in the Water Gap National Rec Area. This site will help you there:
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/worthington.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment