Anyone have good recommendations for tent camping in North Jersey, PA, Southern New York, or Delaware?




dtkdrummer


We are located in North Jersey, near morristown, looking for camping anywhere near it. Rather have more secluded, but as long as its with tents, it's doable.


Answer
High Point State Park; Wawayanda State Park - the AT runs right through there and its like 30 min. from where you primitive campsites (there are less primitive too if thats what you prefer. Abram S. Hewitt State Forest. NY - Harriman State Park about 40 min. from you awesome caves.

Camping basics and long island?




John


I was told but someone that camping is alot of fun.

Is october to late to camp in new york , long island?

Will it get too cold? What will I need? Is it expensive? I am planning to buy a decent sized tent (4+ people plus) but I don't want to buy it yet if camping in october isn't good.

Also.. me and my buds want to smoke marijuana while camping. Have you done it? I think it would be amazing. Tell me anything you can to help... what I need ect



Answer
I`ll be out camping and fishing out on Long Island the first weekend in October (Next weekend). The water is probably going to be warmer than the air so swimming is definitely in. Do you have any idea where on LI you want to go? Because you can go way out to Montauk and Hither Hills State Park. Prices all depend on where you choose to go. Just check the weather a few days before you go. Just remember, tent stakes are useless in sand use a shopping bag or pie pans are your best bet- fill them with sand to secure your tent.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment