Do I need to have a drivers license to have a camping license.?




Alexiel He


I don't drive but someday I would like to go camping like true roughing it. I have a driving phobia because my Dad drove drunk and I was too little to understand what was going on but I was in the car with him. I survived but it mentally traumatized me. I wasn't hurt. Neither was he. Not that I would DUI.


Answer
I don't know where you call home, but as for here in the USA, I can't even imagine such a thing as a "camping license". There is NO such thing here in the States. If you want to camp, you do so. There is a LOT of public lands such as state and national forest lands and parks where camping is permitted. In some cases, there may be a small registration fee required, but nothing else. On federal lands, camping in a particular spot may be limited to a period of from 11 to 14 days, but you can move on to another location a few miles away and start that countdown again. Even here in Alaska, camping on federal campgrounds is inexpensive (around $11.00 per night) and the site usually includes access to running water, restrooms with showers, and electrical hook-ups. The sites are generous in size, spaced to avoid crowding, and include cleared tent space, flat RV parking pads, picnic tables and fire pits. They can even be called for and reserved ahead of time. Camping in the US is VERY popular in most, if not ALL, of our 50 states. If you're not already here, come on over and experience it at its best. Opportunities are UNLIMITED. NO license required!

I'm going camping for the first time!!what to bring??! any tips?




�hmed


I'm a boy 14yrs old,I'm going camping for the first time! I don't know what to bring! In the Month of August-September! It's warm there like 35-45 in the morning and 20-35c at night! I'm goin for 4 days and 3 nights please tell me what to bring?!


Answer
Thanks for the temperature info. By using Celsius I'm guessing you are not in USA but it would be helpful to know if you are "car camping" at a campground or backpacking in to some remote location. Also, I will assume you will be not alone but in some sort of group. Would have been nice to know more about the context.

Here are the basics.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttRFIvsuf4A&feature=related

A 4 part series
http://www.youtube.com/user/wildernessoutfitters/feed?filter=2&activity_view=2
Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGdNSqa_clI

I assume you will have a tent.
If you can bring something for a doormat outside the tent door, even if it is only a towel. Really helps keep the inside of the tent and therefore all your stuff clean in inclement weather.

You did not say if you will be using campfire or a camp stove.
Learn about making fire !! Here's a series on that
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBhrDuSWcP8&list=PL5F9410AAA29F1BCD

Extra socks!
Rain gear.
Food.
Flashlight.
Since typically campers do hiking and wear boots, having some cheap flip flop sandals to use in camp is a great luxury. Feels good to get out of your hiking gear and it needs to dry out anyway (but not too close tot he fire ;)
Bring your own toilet paper. Zip-lok bags.

Since you did not say if you would be in a campground, or if there would be water available, toilets, showers, or roughing it in the sticks, it is hard to home in on what you need. Chris W will probably post a checklist, he knows his stuff.

Depending on where you will be, it is often illegal or impractical to cut a switch for roasting things in the fire. Bring a stick. I am a huge fan of having a hiking staff. I bought a thin brass rod, 27 inches long, sharpened one end, wrapped the other end with twine for a heat resistant handle. On my hiking staff I have collected some stout rubber bands (like what broccoli comes tied in). I can attach that rod to the staff, which allows me to cook things over a fire in any situation.

If your compass does not have a mirror, bring a mirror.
If you are a person who is all into hair gel, leave it home and bring a bandanna to cover your hair with. Keeps bugs out and now fashion is one less thing to worry about.
What's the mirror for? Checking your backside for ticks, dealing with face injuries, signaling for rescue.

Hope the videos help. Good luck and have a great time!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment