Best place to go Tent camping on the North Carolina outer banks?




Bert H


It would have to be kinda secluded and legal to build camp fires.


Answer
Rodanthe NC

Camping with Children?




srs2teach


My two children, daughter age 4 and son age 8, have been asking to go camping. I don't know anything about camping and it will just be the three of us going camping. I was thinking of taking them to a campground close to home just in case it doesn't go well. I need to know what kind of tent will have enough room, but is easy enough for me to set up by myself or with a little assitance from my son. We live in NC, so any suggestions on great camping sites in NC would be great, hopefully this will work and we can explore a little further from home. Also, what other supplies besides the tent do I need. i want to take only the necessities as I want to carry as little as possible being as I am the only adult. I do plan to camp at a campground, and the kids will be entertained with outdoor activities, as they already love to hike and bike. thanks


Answer
if this is the first time you are going camping , may I suggest checking out KOA campgrounds?, they have them all across the United States, they are kid friendly have a lot of amenities, like indoor built in pools, small cabins with bunk beds and reg beds, 2 room cottages, tent sites, as well as rv sites. they have a store on the premises with items that meet your needs, video rentals, security systems like security cameras on the grounds and inside the pool area . A small cabin would be better for you and the 2 kids, then you don't have to worry about pitching a tent in the rain should the weather turn, the cabins are relatively cheap and offer better protection, they even have hanging porch swings in the front with a large overhang to keep the rain out. Check this out
http://www.koa.com/where/nc/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment